Sunday the 28th is Dan’s 28th Birthday (Golden Birthday!) – please join me in wishing him a wonderful weekend and the best of luck in his golf tournament! He’s taking a half day at work today in order to get another quality 18 holes in and I couldn’t be prouder. I’m looking forward to driving down I-5 to
shop at the Woodburn Outlet Mall watch him play and want him to know that I’m his biggest fan!
I thought today would be a fun opportunity to
embarrass him share a few photos that his mother in Chicago sent to me this week at my request. I have her full permission to make the birthday boy blush today so I’m going to take this for some good mileage.
The great news is that I now have a ton of ammo to use and have some great stories behind some of the photos already planned.
In all fairness, it IS his birthday week so I suppose I’ll have to pick up some Golden BIRTHDAY Oreo’s if I can find them!
You guys have been on a wild ride with me this past month and I’m a little bummed to say goodbye to it.
If we look back to March’s Eight Great Goals here’s how I opened up my eyes to the month:
Ah, March – what do you plan to bring?
More responsibility, more puppy fun, more photos, more love, more smiles, more silliness, more laughter, more improvement, more sleep? I honestly hope all of the above!
And seriously – ALL of the above were fulfilled and exceeded.
- I realized what I am made of with the new responsibilities and weight on my shoulders at work
- Matt was home – that’s never a bad thing. Proof here & here.
- The food around this joint was un-believable. Take a look for yourself!
Breakfast – Brownies – Steak – Soup – Cake – Spaghetti Squash
- I accepted a blogging award – thanks! And Dan received an Employee of the Quarter Award!
- Dan treated me to a Blazers game and we splurged on a Shamrock Shake!!
- I met little miss Olive and more importantly was able to catch up with her beautiful mom, Tanna!
- I’m pretty sure that Dan and I didn’t eat out more than 5 times – but I sort of
definitely lost track! Twice we may have eaten popcorn at Cinetopia for a meal – I haven’t decided if that counts? Not Accountable
- As of today, Friday morning – I’m still leading my NCAA bracket
- I’m constantly reminded of how wonderful my boyfriend is
- I got some time on this inspiring girl’s website sharing my food prep with her followers – she’s studying to become a registered dietitian
The last 29 days haven’t been perfect, but I feel like things are looking up and they will only get better from here.
And once again as we leave the month, I’d like to repeat that I thank you for all of the well wishes, thoughts, notes and letters wishing us well after the loss of a wonderful woman. We miss you Granny!
Since Throwback Thursday is tomorrow I will have to switch up the post schedule a little. I’m happy to share my month in review just one day early to keep on track with how much I love to share some photos from my past with you.
January somehow has come and gone and I feel like so much has changed in my life in just the past few weeks. I’ve had to change my day-to-day routine and share my commute with Dan which has caused me to become aware of a few of my stress triggers I’ve learned to manage on my own time. I have been trying really hard to decompress before leaving work for the day but sometimes it carries over into our ‘us’ time and frankly ain’tnobodygottimefo’dat. I’m beyond thrilled that the month almost over is a tiny hint of a few things that are making me smile. We can look forward to more daylight, less rain
in my dreams and a short month full of fun days including a baby shower, the super bowl and a lovely weekend with Dan for Valentine’s celebrations.
If you’ve missed a few posts, here’s a round up of a few key moments from the month you may have missed:
- Successfully moved Dan across town to what we now call our home.
- Still in my new job and enjoying the process of learning every day.. I even ‘graduated’ (whoo-hoo)
- Started using my DSLR again and am making serious efforts to use it more often.
- Put together (sort of) my first outfit post.
Takes the cake:
One of my most favorite unexpected memories from the last month was when my mom texted me and told me that Dad had a new favorite song, and even Bailey thought that it was F*%^&#$ awesome. They’ve been poppin’ tags ever since:
Here’s to February! A new month means new memories!
My oh my – it was tough returning to work yesterday and even more difficult to get out of bed this morning. After my low 40 degree evening run, all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball underneath a heated blanket and drink hot cocoa. Wait – that’s what I actually did? Successful night, Jessi.
This weekend Dan and I are headed to Mr. Brad’s
30th 27th Birthday party where we will be having a bowling extravaganza at Big Al’s in Beaverton. In typical Brad fashion, there’s a few quirky rules we must follow to attend:
1. Bring Brad
and Brooke a present that doesn’t suck.
2. Come dressed head to toe in an outfit purchased at a thrift shop.
Thanks to Macklemore– a wonderful theme party idea was born:
Lucky me, I love poppin’ tags at thrift shops and will have a fun time going through my very own closet collection to fit the dress requirements.
Today’s Throwback Thursday is brought to you by my love for eccentric accents and funky hat swag.
I feel confident saying that 2012 was a daydream year for me.
Those who are near and dear to me have told me that I’m visibly the happiest they’ve ever seen me and that my energy is contagious. Many wonderful things have happened to me this year and I’ve been proud to document them here in this web-space for my family, friends and complete strangers. I’m not planning a December summary this month, but rather a 2012 wham-bam thank you, ma’am!
I want to share some of my most wonderful memories
that I blogged about from the year (by category!) in case you missed them or have just joined me recently:
- When we finally admitted that we love each other this summer 🙂 🙂
- Dan meeting the family and continuing to spend time with them – since Bailey has a huge crush on him!
- Witnessing Dan’s best round of golf in 2012 on a beautiful day at Quail Valley Golf Course.
- Exploring the East side with Dan to prepare for his 2013 move-in (1, 2, 3)
It’s been so important to me to be able to document my life here and I feel like it helps me to capture the moment better – even if it is a lot of time and effort – it’s worth it!
Thanks again for stopping by, I look forward to seeing you back here in 2013!
It’s December 27th and Christmas is over and gone for the next 363 days. Thanks for the drive-by, Christmas – it’s been real!
I’m back to work today – from the comfort of my home + New coffee maker – and I am thrilled that I don’t have a tree, lights, ornaments or glitter to clean up after. It’s the good life.
As planned, I spent some time at home the past 4 days going through old photos and not even scraping the surface of all of the gems that are in my parent’s possession. What I can tell immediately from the photos I did find is that my parents have always been just as cool as they are now, that I had a really amazing childhood and that I have always been surrounded by wonderful influences. In all of the photos we are having fun and that’s what my parents always wanted for us. I’m looking forward to sharing more with you!
Today’s photo is brought to you by brother & sister matching flannel, old film and many gifts under the tree year after year.
And maybe this rack:
Happy Throwback Thursday!
Sad to say it but my birthday month is over. I’ve had so many great memories from this month that it will be difficult to re-capture all of them into today’s “Happy Friday” post.
Yes, Happy Friday!! Let the holiday cheer begin!
The true highlight of my month was that my brother came home for two weeks from his European home and spent much more time with us than we could have ever hoped for. He did his best to disconnect from work – at least visibly – and we were able to have true quality time together. Unfortunately we never got around to playing pool – mainly because I think he wanted to make sure that I couldn’t admit to beating him 3 times
out of 100 as shared in my goals for November.
- Sweat almost everyday in efforts to Go Go GOvember! Week 1, Week 2,
Week 3, Week 4.
- Encouraged Dan to get back into running and he’s taken me for a few rewarding 5-7 mile runs.
- Made it through the midnight Halo 4 launch with Dan.
- Made a difference in a family’s life for Thanksgiving.
- Painted a
masterpiece copycat at Vine Gogh with mom, cousin and aunt!
- Starting to brainstorm Christmas card ideas… more to come.
- Chalkboard spray paint DIYs – not pictured.
December could be a dark and story month for me but I am going to face it with a grin on my face and nothing but optimism in my heart. Get busy living.