First I want to say another Happy Father’s Day to my amazing dad! I didn’t get to spend any of the weekend with him but mom treated him right and we will celebrate properly later this week. It sounds like all of you out there also have pretty remarkable dads. That makes me happy.
This weekend was Tough Mudder #2 for me and it was fun to drag Dan along – even if it meant having to watch the DVR version of the US Open when we got home.
Brooke was awesome and drove us East to the city of Fossil where we witnessed the other side of Oregon that those of us from the city often forget about. Fossil, OR is a place where there’s no cell service and a simpler way of life on the ranch.
Or way of life on the ranch was anything but ‘simple‘, but at least we had a fun stay!
Quick Hits – then I’m hitting the pillow!
- Last year I only made it over 3 of 4 walls, this year I made it over all 4 (with 2 slanted toward us!)
- Last year I fell multiple times on Everest and never made it up (I quit) and this year I made it up the first time!
- Having Dan there was the extra boost I needed to get me through ❤
- Dan was a sweetheart and crashed into the water on the monkey bars before me, just to make it less embarrassing when I fell in on the first rung
- Arctic Enema was actually a welcome relief from the warm temperatures
- I had a ‘Brain Reboot” (blacked out) for a moment through Electric Eel. I opened my eyes, heard white noise and just kept crawling.
Sorry for not many photos, my iPhone was stored in our bag pretty quick once we made it to the venue – you’ll have to wait for the official race photos!
Thanks for a fun weekend, friends!
And yes, this was me on the monkey bars.