Happy Thursday! We’re one day closer to the weekend, the sun is rising early and yesterday was the start of sunsets occurring 8pm and later. #happygirl
I’ve been fielding the same few questions lately at work and feel that they are worth sharing in this space since you’re probably wondering the same things:
- “What time did you get here?”
- “What time are you leaving today?”
- “Have you stepped outside yet?”
- “Do you stay the night here?”
- “Do you have outfits / shower products at the gym for when you’re here early/late?”
- “You were here before me and you’re staying after me – are you okay?”
- “How do you fit everything in?”
- “Why do you think about work things outside of work?”
I think you can get the point. I’m at my desk ALL day long, headphones on, smile on my face. When I’m not standing at my desk (cheers for a high desk!) you can find me strutting to the printer, sharing, collaborating, microwaving my lunch, refilling my water and doing everything I can to make an impact on the world that I live in.
Of course I’d love to be running around to meetings, working out at lunchtime and catching up with old friends over long lunches – but not now. The more work I’m getting involved in, the more I’m learning, the more people are noticing the work being done by my team and the more my ego gets a nudge from the positive feedback coming my way.
Like I said last week, it’s like a runner’s high.
Today’s Throwback Thursday is brought to you by a young lady who experienced love at first sight with this very thoughtful Christmas gift: