This post is long overdue but I think it’s absolutely worth sharing if you’re looking for a quick, healthy and delicious restaurant option in Portland.
Laughing Planet is near and dear to me because it’s within walking distance from my home, the ingredients they use are always fresh and they source locally when possible. Their menu is always evolving and new tasty dishes are constantly adding to the already incredible lineup of options.
The reason for the visit below was a few weekends back over the Christmas holiday I was getting Dan acclimated to the East side by showing him some of the amazing local food options
so that I don’t have to cook when I’m tired to increase his excitement over the big move. I think this may have worked. A wide variety of Vegan, Gluten Free and Paleo options are prominent within the menu but can be easily worked around as well for someone like Dan who wants everything you can put inside of a burrito. Everything.
Quick, hot food and even an impressive lineup of beers on draft will make Dan and I frequent customers – plus now knowing that they give the dinosaurs a nightly bath makes me even more excited about returning.
What We Ate:
1 Nacho Mama ($5.75) + Guacamole
A bowl of our homemade veggie chili, topped with Tillamook jack cheese, jalapeños and freshly made pico de gallo.
1 Bollywood Bowl ($7.50)
Grilled Draper Valley natural chicken breast, fresh veggie medley, spinach and chickpeas on a bed of brown rice served with a Southern Indian spicy coconut sauce.
1 Spanky’s Bowl ($6.75)
Organic mashed potatoes topped with steamed broccoli, local Food Alliance certified corn and Tillamook cheddar cheese.
NOT EATEN, but adored and photographed:
Cuban Bowl ($5.75)
Plantains and sweet potatoes on a bed of brown rice and Smart black beans topped with fresh pico de gallo (served with your choice of fresh salsa).
Know Before You Go:
- You can call in your order ahead of time if you know what you want and just want to pick it up.
- There’s new dinosaurs at the Woodstock location that are fun to play with, but beware – you will likely have to share with kiddo’s that come in.
- There’s a guide on how to properly eat your burrito pictured above. I recommend following these instructions!
- They’re Social – Check out their Facebook or Twitter for weekly deals and specials!
- Address: 4110 SE Woodstock Blvd Portland, OR 97206 or several other Portland areas here
- Hours: Most locations are open everyday 11am – 9pm, checkhours by location here
- View their drool-worthy Menu here
I love trying out new menu items and hopefully you’ll feel the same way when you pay them a visit at one of the many PDX area locations!