Quite a fun weekend Dan and I had in Southeast Portland with holiday magic, tasty latte’s and some well deserved celebration.
On Friday night we went on an adventure to the adorable Sellwood neighborhood just two miles away and put our names in for Portland’s famous Saburo’s. We had at least 30 minutes until we could expect to be seated which surprised me that it was so quick for a Friday night. As most hungry patrons do, we went for a pre-meal beer
or two at Kay’s, one of the many fun dive’s around within walking distance in the heart of the Sellwood neighborhood.
It wasn’t much later that we were seated next to some strangers and marking off what sounded amazing from the menu.
Take a look yourselves
because editing these photos while I’m hungry was a bad idea:
What We Ate:
2 Cucumber Salads ($2 each)
1 Budokhan Roll ($6.75 / 5 pieces)
SHRIMP TEMPURA, CRAB FISH, AVOCADO, CUCUMBER, SMELT ROE, & SESAME SEEDS.
1 Shogun Roll ($7.00 / 6 pieces)
SEA EEL, TAMAGO, AVOCADO, CUCUMBER, SESAME SEEDS, AND SWEET EEL SAUCE
1 Alaskan Crunchy Roll ($7.25 / 8 pieces)
SALMON. SMOKED SALMON, CRAB FISH, AVOCADO, LETTUCE, CUCUMBER, SMELT ROE, SESAME SEEDS, & SPECIAL DIP SAUCE
Know Before You Go:
- Expect to sit close and get personal with other diners. You will be overhearing their conversations.
- Saburo’s boasts having ‘Texas-sized Sushi’. Order as you go and look around at other tables if its your first time!
- Expect 30-45 minutes wait every time you go – rain or shine!
- Address: 1667 Southeast Bybee Boulevard, Portland, OR 97202
- Hours vary daily: Check the Hours Here
- View their Menu here
We are looking forward to the next time we can enjoy this Texas sized sushi!