My favorite season of all has arrived!
There are so many things I love about the fall as a native Oregonian and can’t imagine the season any other way.
Here’s a peek into the next few months for me as they are most autumns. You may get a clue why for me this is the ‘most wonderful time of the year‘.
- 90% chance of rain in the forecast makes me reach for my running shoes, not my umbrella.
- Hot cocoa or green tea is sipped from an extra large mug that’s cradled by my two cupped hands eager for warmth.
- Candlelight is preferred over electricity – scents of cinnamon, red apples and warm vanilla fill my home.
- Leaves crunching beneath my feet is the most beautiful song to my ears.
- My Ford Focus is equipped with leather heated seats!
- Leather boots, rain boots, shortie boots, Oh my!
- Adding a scarf to my outfit can put an entire new twist on my wardrobe – especially with so many ways to wear them.
- Halloween is one of my favorite holidays to get crafty and creative. My decorations are already at work ready to come out!
- Baked goods as gifts go a long way.
- Homemade soups will be a recurring weekend activity.
- MLB Playoffs.
- The Walking Dead Season 3 begins October 14th
- There’s no pressure to have a tan!
- My dad’s birthday is tomorrow, September 28th – he will be married to aMUCH younger woman for 6 weeks.
- My birthday is November 16th, my mom’s is the 18th. Scorpios unite!
- Baby Olive is due October 29th, I can’t wait to see Tanna and Greg’s firstborn!
- Brother Matt is coming home for 2 weeks while I scored 10 consecutive days off from work.
What’s your favorite season of the year and why?