I simply love snagging a great deal – especially when it involves spendy food at a discount!
A few months ago on the recommendation of a co-worker I bought a $15 Groupon for a $30 value to Yakuza Lounge in NE Portland.
(All Photo Credit: http://yakuzalounge.com/gallery)
In typical Groupon fashion I waited until the expiration date to use my voucher, but couldn’t have chosen a more perfect evening. The commute was easy, the parking was hassle-free, there was no wait to be seated on a Friday night (although the only seats remaining were at the bar), and the food was above and beyond my expectations.
What We Ate:
2 Sapporos on draft ($5 each pint)
2 Cucumber, Avocado, Sesame and Togarashi Salads ($6 each)
Donburi – Kimchi, Grilled Zucchini, Crispy Poached Egg, Rice ($8)
Really Spicy Roll – Ahi Tuna, Avocado, Mango, Basil, Thai Chili ($12)
We were lucky enough that they rolled up the garage doors and let a little July evening breeze come through.
Know Before You Go:
- Like many of the higher end restaurants popping up in PDX, Yakuza has a “small plates” and “shareable portion” platform with a narrow yet promising Eat and Drink Menu.
- Yakuza has one of Jen from Under the Table with Jen’s favorite Burgers. (She’s a PDX foodie who I’d love to be friends with!)
- Yakuza takes reservations on their website – get a table for a romantic evening date!
- They’re social – @YakuzaPDX
- Address: 5411 NE 30th Avenue Portland, Oregon 97211
- Hours: Wednesday-Sunday; 5pm-11pm
- GET THE BURGER! It looked as amazing as it sounds (Chevre, Shoestring Potatoes, Catsup, Spicy Mayo)
Don’t take my word for it, plan a date!